Sunday, January 09, 2005

Why ME?

Why ME? I keep getting e-mail from "Horny Housewives", "Cheating Housewives" and another one that I will not repeat their name. What is up with that? I don't like women so they obviously think it is a great idea to send me their nude pics. WTF(reak)?
Oh, how I love my Tenchi. He is such a kind young man. He treats all of his women equally. I am such a sap. I wish I could be Ryoko, then I could fly and teleport and punch stuff so hard that it falls into little crumbly peices and I could drink loads of sake without having a hangover (unless of course it was Washu's special recipe). Now where was I going with this... Oh yes, I simply adore Tenchi. By far my favorite anime ever. Even though my license plate says "CHOBITS", which is my second in line favorite.
So last night I was reading in my bible, and I found this little commentary at the bottom of the page. It is for Genesis chapter 2 verse 25 ("Now, although Adam and his wife were both naked, neither of them felt any shame.") This is the comment, "Have you ever noticed how a little child can run naked through a room full of strangers without embarassment? He is not aware of his nakedness, just as Adam and Eve were not embarassed in their innocence. But after Adam and Eve sinned, shame and awkwardness followed, creating barriers between themselves and God. We often experience these same barriers in marriage. Ideally a husband and wife have no barriers, feeling no embarassment in exposing themselves to each other and God. But, like Adam and Eve (3:7), we put on fig leaves (barriers) because we have areas we don't want our spouse, or God, to know about. Then we hide just as Adam and Eve hid from God. In marriage, lack of spiritual, emotional, and intellectual intimacy usually precedes a breakdown of physical intimacy. In the same way, when we fail to expose our secret thoughts to God, we break our lines of communication with Him."
When I read that I thought, wow, this is exactly what I have set myself up for. In escence a "communications disruption", to use Star Wars teminology. I have become so absorbed into my own little bubble of Me-ness that I have completely refused to allow any divine intervention. I have been so caught up reading my smut and ignoring the world in my hermit-like state of being, that I have failed to communicate with the one that I claim to love the most. I know now how I need to commune with Him, without fear of rejection or shame. I simply need to do it all the time. Opening your thoughts up in a conversation with God may be a strange concept to some, but now I fel that that is the only true way to get to know Him and allow Him to know you. No fear, no shame. Tell Him daily, moment by moment, how you feel, how you enjoyed seeing that one little flower in blossom on the side of the road, how you hate doing dishes but know you have to so you are trying as hard as you can to be cheerful about it, how when you hold your child in your arms before laying him down for the night you feel you are the most blessed person in the world to have lived through the ordeal and have a healthy, happy, thriving child. In your joy, in your sadness, tell him everything, hold nothing back.

Yes, I know I stole the part about the flower from you, L, but it is a really good point. And the highest form of flattery is imitation.

1 Comments:

At 8:09 AM, Blogger Ruby Anne said...

woo whoo the debra is back and blogging like mad. so tuesday girly group... are we on?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home