Monday, August 22, 2005

I got an update on my nephew today:

I got an update on my nephew today:

He is doing well. The tubes in his chest are not draining at all. He is basically on the watch and wait list. They have to observe him for 4 days after the chest tubes are in to make sure everything heals up. On Wednesday, they should be able to remove the tubes. They will keep him for observation for at least 24 hours after that. Then, they will do another x-ray to make sure everything looks good, and he should be able to go home after that. So hopefully Thursday or Friday he should be coming home.

Please continue to pray for him. I have been so worried, and I have had to keep "giving the situation to God". I know, I don't like the clichés either, because that is all it seems they sound like; a cliché. I know it is a sin to worry, because that is just a lack of trust in God's plan. So, I really have been fighting with myself to make myself give it to God. I feel like I am in a holding pattern, like I can't breathe all the way until I know that he is fine and in my sister's arms again. It is maddening to keep thinking about it, but I don't want to have a lackadaisical attitude toward it by not thinking about it at all. That is why I have had to keep fighting with myself about letting God do His job and not trying to do it myself. Because no matter how hard I try to be supreme ruler of the galaxy, I just really can't do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home