Friday, July 29, 2005

The big secret may now be spread with joy upon the land. Yes, there is a bun in the oven, but it is not in my oven. My sister announced, to her excited husband and his band (he is a band teacher at the local high school) that she is carrying their first child. She then got to bask in that wonderful glow that eminates from those who discover the joys of being with child, that is at least she will be glowing or basking or whatever until she realizes she has swollen into Buick proportions.
I went to the "end of band camp performance" last night, and they appear to be doing rather well. I also realized that high schoolers today are weird. Yes, that coming from the woman who so recently had flaming pink hair. But like, they are all so incredibly sarcastic and anti-social and rude. I can't imagine what it will be like when my little Squishy gets to that age, how far will it have gone by then? How out of hand will the teens be by that distant year? I wish we could go back to the time when people only put their kids in school if they weren't to busy working the fields or tending the cattle or husbanding the horses or shearing the sheep or eating the breakfast cereal and the fruit bat and the orangutan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home