Friday, July 15, 2005

My mother went to see her parents for a long weekend and so the house is all mine for the next... hour or so when I get to go pick up my dad in my newly operational and air conditioned truck! With my newly dyed hair!

Last night a horrific catastrophe occurred. I was wakened suddenly from a sound sleep by whining and scartching at the door at the top of the stairs. I went to see why Buddy was making such a comotion for at two twenty six in the morning. When I opened the door he raced down the stairs (as well as a three legged dog can do an about face and hurtle down a single flight of stairs that are cluttered with stuff that I was supposed to take upstairs) and toward the back door. I was still rather disoriented from being awakened at such an hour. But once I reached the bottom of the stairs, the cause of my ungainly furry friend's distress became all too apparent as the stench hit me like an axe to the face. I turned the lights on only to reveal a sight almost as horrific as Dante's inferno itself. There was feces everywhere, well maybe not everywhere but at least there was nine feet (yes, I measured it) of rather non-solid fecal matter. So I woke up my husband to share in the absolute putridity of the moment and to help me clean it up. We spent the next hour cleaning up that vile load of raw sewage. The floor is still wet from all of the cleaning products we used. And there is nine feet of cleaner-than-the-rest-of-the-carpet carpet.

The video card is still shot. And the husband still hasn't taken it in for the new one, so it will be a little while before my photo journal can be updated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home