Thursday, June 02, 2005

We just got home a short while ago. RC had been planning this benefit concert for a little over two months. It was fantabulous! I had to wait on the Squishy's final meal of the day before I could go so I missed the first two bands, Johnathan Dunn and Thursday Theory, but the third band, Micah Dalton, was really good. He had one song that sounded like Jamaraqui (or however you spell his name). Then it was Superchic[k]'s turn, and they rocked! It was the second best performance I have ever seen. The best was Disciple. Those girls are even better vocalists in person than on their cd's. I have always felt awkward when it comes to meeting band members. Sometimes I feel that it is just presumptous of me to try to introduce myself to them. So, I never actually "meet" them. Almost like I feel that they must be so much better than me, and it would be degrading to them for me to blather a non-essential introdution to them. Not that I fear a rebuff, I suppose I am a little scared that they would think I was just a "fan", instead of someone who has been genuinely moved by the music they create. After the concert ended, I still didn't have the guts to introduce myself (even though every one was on first name basis with RC). So, I did what I do best at concerts, I remained the anonymous loader. I really enjoy doing the whole roady thing. I wish I could do it more often. Oh yeah, after all of that, we went to Steak and Shake, and our server was a party chick, and she told me she was glad that she wasn't the only one after seeing me. It made me feel good.

1 Comments:

At 1:29 PM, Blogger mistic_mommy said...

oh I so wish I could have been there... but alas I wasn't. We still miss you a ton. you should come visit soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home