Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Kung Fu Hustle

MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS
Some of you out there know how big of an "all things Japanese" freak I am. Well, last... umm... Friday (maybe?) my hubby and I went to see Kung Fu Hustle, Stephen Chow's latest flick. For a silly little female (dirty American pig), I enjoyed the story line. However, it had an R-rating for a reason. I must say that I have not seen an R-rated flick in ages, probably since Requiem for a Dream (don't ask, it was sick). I don't like R-rated movies, but I figured since this is a "martial arts" film, of course there will be lots of fighting, so that is probably why it is rated R. Well, there is a difference between fighting and violence. The movie highlighted the life of a guy who, with his trusty friend, impersonates members of the most vile Axe Gang in order to get what they want. They choose the wrong place to do it: an apartment complex managed by a noisy landlady who won't put up with anything, and her lecherous hubby. The scam they play is the proverbial straw that breaks the camels back. The residents of the complex go up at arms against the gang, when they do actually show up. So, out of the residents there are only three guys who can stand up to the strength of the Axe Gang. And, go figure, they just happen to be Kung Fu masters. If I remeber correctly they were generally referred to as Tailor, Doughnut, and something. Sorry, I have a bad memory. Eventually, the Axe Gang hires the best assasins they can find. What followed is one of the most beautiful scenes I have ever witnessed, which is the assasination of the three Masters.
Oh crap. I have to do something productive before Squishy wakes up. So until later,
to be continued...

1 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I definitely want to see this.

-ZR

 

Post a Comment

<< Home