Saturday, March 19, 2005

The Lament of Me

I apologize to all who check in on me regularly that my blog has not quite been very interesting at all lately. I have been pretty busy, and Squishy's naps have been getting all screwed up. So even though I am enjoying being back to my normal ole day job (being a mom in the house alone with the child), I still have to work on cleaning up all these boxes. I don't seem to be getting anywhere, especially considering I have to orchestrate it in such a way that I do it when he is napping because he just wants me, me and more me during his awake times and when I am shuffling boxes around while he is asleep it wakes him up. So, I am really stuck in a trying-to-do-everything-but-not-getting-anything-accomplished sort of limbo.
As far as the rest of my life goes; the blazer is dead again (yeah, it was about time for that to happen), I didn't see my husband at all yesterday (he was "at work" until one in the morning), I feel like everyone thinks I am a slacker because nothing appears to be getting done (and because of the major obvious "I AM LIVING WITH MY PARENTS" steroetype moocher image that people have so casually thrown upon me {hey, it was either this or live under a bridge, not a good thing to do when you have a baby}). And do you guys really want to know what I want to do, I mean really really? I want RC to be the stay at home parent and me go and find a job. Because since I am not getting anything done anyhow, it really wouldn't change if RC were at home instead of me. I know that sounds really pretty harsh, and I appluad his efforts to find what he calls "a more substantial income" sort of job, and I do appreciate everything else he does that is "for the family", but he wouldn't last a work week alone with the Squish. Or well, it can sort of be pinned on me the other way around. I am not entirely certain I could spend that much time away from my sweet little baby. Oh well. So I am scewed either way, on one hand I am a stay-at-home mom (which really is a job, contrary to popular male beliefs), and on the other I could be a go-to-work-at-six-in-the-morning working lady and miss the annoying little bits of my life that are firmly cemented in my daily routine. Alas, I seriously feel for those of you out there with more children than I. All I can say to you is "BRAVO, you are doing marvelously!" Especially since just one is more than enough for me!

4 Comments:

At 7:21 PM, Blogger mistic_mommy said...

I love you hun, and I so know how ya feel.... it always seems to be a double sided blade, huh? I miss you guys....

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger Ruby Anne said...

i misses you to!!

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger Ruby Anne said...

i will be closer to you! the last weekend in april i will be in memphis at an event! if you want to come i have a nice big tent now. I MISSES THE DEBRA!!!!!!!!

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Ruby Anne said...

DEBRA!!!!!!!!!!!!! where are you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home