Tuesday, March 01, 2005

News

Last Friday, RC stayed home from his last day of work because he was feeling crappy. Then on Saturday Squishy started acting crabbier than normal. At four o'clock on Sunday morning he woke us up bawling with a temperature of 103.9. We called the doctor and she said to give him some tylenol and bathe him in lukewarm water for twenty minutes then dress him lightly and wait twenty minutes and take his temperature again. By the time all of that was done his temperature had gone down to 101.5. When we woke up later in the day, about nine something, we called the doctor and got an appointment for eleven thirty. The nurse took his temperature and it had gone back up to 103.5. She then attemtped to administer advil to get his temp back down, but he threw it up. So he got violated with a suppository. They did the flu test and it came back positive. So, we went and got his prescription, and by Monday morning he was acting pretty normal again. He has not had a high temperature since Sunday night and he is being much more playful now. On Sunday, he looked like death warmed over. HIs eyes were all red and droopy, it was so pitiful. All he wanted to do was cuddle. He drooled alot more than normal to. Every time he coughs (which is alot) he whines alot though, because his throat is still so ragged. On Saturday, I started feeling a kind of scratchy-ness in my throat also. Yesterday, my voice was really hoarse, and today I am finally starting to expectorate some of the fluids from my lungs. By the end of the week we should be all better. The only thing that really stinks is that my mom and sister and niece and nephew were here for the weekend so now they are going to go home and infect all of their other family members. We got lots of stuff packed up, thanks to my slave drivers that were visiting. So now, I don't have the whole house to pack on my own, only part of it. I really hope that most of those things that we want to sell get sold. We should have started thinking about that sooner though.
Something keeps pounding, and I can't figure out what it is. It is something outside. Almost like some place is doing some blasting for construction. But it keeps happening and it is getting on my nerves.

1 Comments:

At 1:37 PM, Blogger Ruby Anne said...

is girly group still on? when and where. i'll be home around 6.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home