Thursday, February 17, 2005

Dog Vomit and the National Guard

My dog threw up twice today. I got it cleaned up though, and now my shoulders are stiff from all of the scrubbing.
But about the National Guard; RC started this job as a fill-in for a guy who is in the Nat'l Guard. He was called into active duty, so RC took up the reins. Now Nat'l Guard guy has returned from duty and, as of Friday the 18th (tomorrow, for those of you who don't pay attention to the calendar like me), RC no longer has a job. He has talked a little with some people around the plant and some others who he has worked with in the past and here are some helpful things that have been offered: a man who came down from Michigan said that he would see if he could get RC a job at the plant that he is running right now (the problem: it is in AL); some guy from the plant RC is at now said he has some contract work coming up in March or April but it would only be for a week (the problem: it is only a week, and RC will have been unemployed for a month or more by the time that work comes up); the final one is that the plant he is at right now isn't sure if they want someone who has been gone for so long to start up all by himself after being "out of practice" for so long (the problem: no idea how long that would be, plus the fact that this is only speculation right now). So now you see the dilemna. The major thing on my mind is the last time something like this happened it was really easy to get through because of two things; another job popped up very quickly, and we were just a couple then (we did not have our precious squish then). So the top priorities on my to-do list are; apply for WIC, and make sure RC files for unemployment, closely following those are; go to dentist and lady doctor while we still have insurance. To tell every body the truth, I want to move, but I don't. I want to move on my own terms, but I know that won't happen, because I am just being selfish and essentially telling God what to do. So, the main prayers that I am in need of is being able to accept (cheerfully) what God has planned for us, and not being pushy about it, and also having an idea of what we are supposed to do. I know whatever is going to happen is going to be what God wants to happen, but I need to remind myself of that often. I know what I want to happen, but I can think of pro's and con's for that most desired route.

3 Comments:

At 10:27 AM, Blogger mistic_mommy said...

:( I know all about being pushy with God and wanting to move on my own terms.... I am so praying for you guys.... let me know if you need anything... YOU ARE STILL COMING THIS WEEKEND, RIGHT? I hope so

 
At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

This is Wanda from the Lori Wick yahoo group. Neat thing here.
I was wondering is this really fun and is it free?
What are your thoughts on this?
Blessings Wanda

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Ruby Anne said...

hey babe, well.. i certainly know about things on my terms vs god's terms, but moving has not thus far been one of them. i'd love for you and lisa to be around, but i'm already accepting the fact that you guys won't. it sucks, but i know there are greater things for all of us. I'm just gonna hold on to that hope and know that God really does know what he's doing!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home