Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Empowerment!

Today has been a big boost for me. To start off, my neighbor stopped by to borrow the phone (and I always love chatting with her because she is always so outgoing, and she told me I was becoming radical) and so we talked when she kept getting put on hold. After that squishy woke up so I had the daily mommy stuff to do. I had to call the dentist to get my six month appointment and they had to do some schedule shifting to get us in before our insurance runs out. Then when M came by for the second time I got a call from RC reminding me about canceling our Sprint service. After M left, I finally got on the phone about the Sprint (because I have been putting it off for more than a month). I was on the phone for more than an hour between talking to people, to being on hold, to talking to their supervisors, to being on hold, to talking to someone else, then being on hold, then talking to their supervisors, until finally I had talked the bill down from about five hundred dollars plus a cancellation of service fee, to two hundred something dollars and no cancellation fee. I was very tactful (which is totally not in my character), and I didn't rant or get emotional. I simply told them how it was going to be and they did it my way. YAY!!!!!!!!!!! I am pumped with a feminine sense of achievement! I feel like I could climb Mt. Everest right now, or swim the deepest ocean, or like go through the checkout line with a box of tampons and not blush and look away! Like I could do some of those jumping from treetop to treetop stunts from Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. I am empowered! Climb every mountain, ford every stream la la la-la-la, dum da la-la-la! Ok, so I don't remember all of the words, give me a break.

2 Comments:

At 1:26 PM, Blogger Ruby Anne said...

YIPPEE!!!!!!!!! um.. melissa has a hair disaster. we are trying to fix it. she should be over at lisa's right now since she's not at home.

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Ruby Anne said...

i'm very dissappointed that you want to leave before having our already scheduled going away party. i feel as though you're a little too eagar to leave us and don't want to even bother to say good bye. so.. bye deb.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home