Friday, March 25, 2005

Exciting News From TN

So, I almost died the other day. No really, it's true. I had to pull the scuff plates off of the bottom of the truck to find out where this massive leak of antifreeze was coming from. So RC, is pulling the truck up onto the ramps for us to get on under it and so I am standing in front of the truck to make sure I can tell him when to stop. O.K. first off, for those of you who don't know this already, do not stand in front of moving vehicles. The momentum that it took to get the truck over the little hump at the top of the ramp took it staight over the front of the ramp so the back side of the ramps have lifted off of the ground and are diagonal to it. Atthat moment the truck came about six inches away from my face. My mom was screaming at me "Debra, you really don't need to be there right now", and that was about the only thing that snapped me out of the utter panic that was rushing through my body. So then we had to push on the truck to get it to go back into the little dip on the top on the ramps. I was shaking so badly for like ten minutes afterward. And even now whenever I think about it I get these weird little nervous giggles that pop out of my throat. I was truly terrified, and truly stupid. Just in case you missed it the first time, do not stand in front of moving vehicles. My brother-in-law asked me if I had learned anything from that encounter, my response was, do not stand in front of moving vehicles.
In other news today, I have almost completely gotten the boxes put where they need to go. There is still one small issue having to do with the room that my sister always stays in when she visits, but hopefully I will have it all cleaned up by the time she visits again.
And I learned how to french braid my own hair! But I can only do it the backwards way.
RC is at a concert tonight so that he can have an interview sort of thing with a band to see if they want him as their new drummer. Right now said band is just using a gun-for-hire kind of drummer.
Breaking news just in! My dog has disgusting gas. My cat hates my mom's miniature daschund. My dad tells me he has no idea what sex is. Oh yeah, that is believable! Um, how am I here then?
I am just full of all kinds of interesting (and informative) information tonight.
Our mobo crashed just about immediately when we got up here, so that has been replaced along with the CPU and the fan and memory. Now one of our millions of hard drives keeps failing diagnostics and I can't access my pictures. It is all very frustrating.
A couple of days ago we had some really bad hail at about midnight and I thought I was going to die. I woke up to this massive sound, that was all it really was, just great excesses of sound coming from everywhere. The house was shaking (on the second floor at least). And I looked out the windows to see "It's a world of water! No! Oh my gosh, that's hail!" I believe that was just about exactly what I said to a groggy RC who had awakened to me standing on the bed to get a better look out of the window. Now my mom has a bowl of hail in the fridge. It was a little bigger than pea sized. There was just so much of it. It hailed for almost ten or fifteen minutes straight, really hard. There were piles of it laying stacked up all over the place.
That is all of the really interesting stuff that has happened.
Oh, yes. I have also realized that all of that complaining I did the other day was stupid, and I apologize to those of you who had to read it. I was just being whiney.

2 Comments:

At 1:51 PM, Blogger Ruby Anne said...

hey the debra. we had lots of hail hit our place.. it was about the same size. my poor little brother freaked out. he was crying. there was a decent amount of damage. i miss you. hugs

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Ruby Anne said...

what are you doing. is anyone there? are you still alive. speak woman. speak.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home