Saturday, August 20, 2005

My newest nephew arrived in the world on Friday.

My newest nephew arrived in the world on Friday. He is twenty inches long and weighs six pounds and fourteen ounces. He is also a very cute baby. There are some minor complications though. This is an excerp of an email from my sister about him:

He was put into the NICU after about 2 hours, because his breathing was very rapid (90 instead of 40) and shallow. They ran some tests and found he had some fluid in his lungs. It may have been because his cord was around his neck when he was born, so he didn't get a good expelling when he was first born, but they're not sure. He was OK, but not great, so they wanted to keep him for observation. This afternoon, he started fussing, so they ran some tests, and discovered that he had some air in his chest, and one of his lungs had collapsed. They put a chest tube (a tiny little tube under is arm) in and drew out the air, reinflating his lung, but the other one collapsed too, so they did the same on that side. He is stable and back to OK, but they wanted to take him down to T.C.H. at the main Hospital, downtown. His lungs are fine, he's only on 35% oxygen right now and going down, and there is only a little fluid left (he coughed up some of it). He is ok, and stable, but they want him under constant supervision, and where they can get test results faster.

I would appreciate any prayers for my new little nephew.
My sister did so good during the labor. She didn't make any of the horrible shrieks that I did when was in labor. But, when she was ready, boy she was ready. She had only been at the hospital for a few hours before out he popped. It really only took one and a half pushes to get him out. She did so good. I am so proud of the kind of mom she is. It relly gives me something to work for. Not that I am saying I want three kids, I just want to be that good of a mom to my one and only Squishy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home