Friday, March 31, 2006

Communications Disruption

In our Thursday night small group we have decided that we will discuss in further detail after having studied for four days PT's Sunday morning sermon (at least until we get our books in, thanks Mom:)). I think this is a great idea. Recently he has been doing a series on marriage, and this Sunday was about communication. I unfortunately (due to pregnancy issues: restlessnes, not being able to breathe, general anxiousness) was unable to sit through the entire sermon. I really wish that I had though because they talked (on Thursday night) about some of the things that I had missed (on Sunday morning) and it was really good stuff. It was really great how he outlined the different depths of conversation involving: a. safe- The cliche conversation ("Good morning. How are you doing? I'm fine, thank you."), b. safe- The stating of facts and schedules ("I have to pick up the kids today."), c. opening up a little- The sharing of opinions, d. gettin' tougher- The sharing of feeling concerning said opinions, and e. where people can really get hurt- Complete openess and vulnerability. Unfortunately, I didn't get to hear much else. I thought that was a really great breakdown of how we really do try to converse with people. And most often we don't want to go outside of point a or b. That is one of the things I really love about this group, and about my Sunday night group. We are completely open on all issues. It is so great to have this kind of relationship with people. So as far as my title for the post, it really doesn't have anything to do with communications disruptions in any form, it is just that I like Star Wars and that is something that is said... in there... somewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home