Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Random Y thoughts

The week before last one of my girlfriends who goes to the Y with me was on vacation at the happiest place on the planet. And because I wouldn't have anyone with me, since L was feeling under the weather, (and secretly because I wouldn't have anyone to know that I wasn't doing it) I didn't go to the Y at all that week. Last week, I went on Monday and Tuesday but from then on I had issues with my guts so I didn't want to go to the Y because I was feeling crummy. This week, so far, I skipped going yesterday because I had to call the doctor, and that would take all day, obviously. So I finally went back today, and I can tell I took much too long off. So I am really going to start conditioning myself again to go more often. I don't just want to go for a class either, I really want to learn the machines and find my "gym niche", figure out what works best for me and stick with some sort of plan. RC has a plan, but he took two or three weeks off from it as well, but for a much better reason than me. He ran out of asthma meds and so, you know, we didn't really want him to die while working out. But he is getting back on the metaphorical horse. I don't want being healthy and active to be a phase that we are just going through. I really want to be able to help the little man out when he needs a practice partner for ballroom dancing and when the little lady needs a dummy to whack with bamboo sticks for kendo. I am just giving examples, I am not planning their future, although it would be really neat to have either one of them on Dancing with the Stars. And now I have completely lost my train of thought. I meant to just go back to where Iwould have posted the little X man's one year check up info here in my blog but I read like five months worth of blog just because I couldn't seem to stop myself. I wanted to check it to compare it with the ladies' info. She had her one year check up today. She is twenty pounds and one ounce and twenty nine and a half inches long. Now why I did not post X man's info I have no idea. What a disappointment I am. I sheduled the appointment, unintentionally, leaving time for me to attend my second favorite yoga class. I was actually on time for it, for the first time. I think the main thing I like is Lisa's calm non-judging voice. It is so smooth and soothing. She also does a routine that flows very well, instead of one seventy two year old instructor that likes to do more talking that yoga. I am really thinking that Carolyn should be ousted and Sunny should replace her, and add a Zumba class in the morning before her yoga class too. That would be magnificent. She has already said that she didn't want to do a morning class though, so that plan wouldn't work. Sunny did sub for Carolyn one time when she was out though, and she did a great job. It was actually the first time I ever tried the Friday yoga class. Well, this has become a meaningless post about nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home