Tuesday, April 11, 2006

My letter to Heather Armstrong

My letter to Heather Armstrong (aka dooce):

Dear Heather,
I have always wanted to email you, I have just never wanted to seem like one of the crazy stalker-like fans you have out here on the net. I have been reading your blog for a little over a year. I even have a link to your blog on mine. The reason I finally felt it was necessary to let you know of my presence (although stalker-like it may seem), was because last night I had a dream about you. I have a son who is exactly one day shy of being one month older than Leta, and I am currently 32 weeks pregnant with what I fondly refer to as “Number Two”. In my dream I went into labor at my OB’s appointment (which is today), and guess who was my OB? Yes, it was you! You directed me to a small white room where even the odd antique looking wrought iron bed was painted white. Other than the bed the only thing in the room was a small white counter top with a white sink set in it. You had me lay on the bed and “assume the position”, and then you proceeded to whip out a steak knife and a meat cleaver and drive them both point side down into the bed. I asked what they were for and you said that they were for the umbilical cord. As always happens in dreams, things went very fast from that point to when I had a completely clean and very, very fat Asian looking child in my arms, unfortunately I am not Asian. You took photos of us, with your still bloody hands dripping all over the pure white of the room. That was pretty much all of the dream. I hope this has brightened your day, knowing that although it hasn’t even happened yet, you were involved in the birth of a non-Asian stranger’s Asian baby. Have a nice day!

1 Comments:

At 1:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i adore you!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home