Thursday, August 24, 2006

Speech impairment...

X-man went to the Doc’s for a normal “well baby” check up today. He is thirty six pounds, eight ounces; and three feet, three inches tall. She suggested that I need to take him to a speech therapist. I don’t particularly know that that is necessary, but I kind of want him to talk like a typical two and a half year old. So what I am saying is that I can’t decide if I want to go ahead and accept the appointment they are going to make for him, or if I should cancel it completely. I know boys develop more slowly that girls, but I can’t help but wish that my child was as verbally adept as all the others his age (and a lot that are younger than him {there was a boy waiting in the doc's office, his mom said he would turn two in two moths, and he could say pretzle, PRETZLE!!! My kid hasn't even made it to "p" words yet}). It makes me feel inadequate. Like I haven't done a good enough job of trying to teach him to talk. I mean, I myself stutter rather often and mangle phrases and words that I know how to say, it is just that my toungue doesn't want to cooperate. So maybe I am the one that needs to see to speech therapist. I seek the advise of my peers...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home