Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas Eve

What a nice calm holiday this has been. The only time I have felt rushed or the need to rush was Christmas Eve. We had spent an enjoyable late morning, midday, and early afternoon with RC's parents. Little man loved tearing open his presents, and the little girl loved crinkling the paper in her beautiful, chubby hands. They recieved quite a bounty of fun from their Nana and Tata. About an hour before we had to go, X had to go potty ( he is doing so well at informing us of impending feces). He perched on the potty like a little bird on a nest, and then leaned back a little. I didn't think anything of that at the time. Then to my horror, the pee pee, it goes not down but out. I grabbed him by the shoulder and tried to tip him forward so no more would leak down the front of the potty and into his nice clean pants, but to no avail, he was done. So I stripped off his soaked pants, put his diaper back on, and calmly informed RC that we had to go get him some pants. Luckily we had just enough time before we needed to be heading home to go quickly purchase unsoiled pants at Wal-Mart. If you have ever braved the terrifying fronts at Wal-Mart on Christmas Eve you would know what I was talking about. This has been such an easy going Christmas season this year, mainly because my side of the family had our gift exchange on Thanksgiving. It has been hassel free. Not to mention the fact that we have been completely broke for the last month or so, so we couldn't get into the rush if we wanted to. Upon making my purchase selections and heading to the check out, I realised why the rest of the store seemed just fine. It was because the entire local population appeared to be out, enforce, just to stand at the cash registers. I sidled up into the twenty items or less lane, and waited. The atmosphere in that place was one of ferociously hectic choas. I felt as if I needed to clear off all of the shelves in the near vicinity to make sure I got everything I needed without forgetting anything. I am so happy, this year wasn't like that in our home. I purchased my three dollar pair of sweats for the boy and high tailed my hinney out of the den of iniquity. The rest of the evening was uneventful, oh yeah, other than the fact that I got my days mixed up and discovered upon pulling into the church building's parking lot that apparently the Christmas Eve service is not at six p.m. Oops.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home