Thursday, October 04, 2007

The amazing missing me...

I don't know if any of you have noticed but there has been an extreme lack of "me" talk. Considering that this is my blog and I created it for the purpose of, well, to be perfectly honest, I was bending to the persuasion of the masses, but I would like to think that it was formed to be an outlet for my personal thoughts. Granted the first posts that I made here were about how annoyed I was with a ten month old who didn't want to eat, I would like to think that I have grown a certain amount since then, and can share more about my personal life than the eating habits of my children. In talking about yourself you gain amazing perspective on how other people view you. In my small group (I am not calling it a village), we have had the recent assignment of telling our own stories, individually not as couples seeing as the group consists of four couples. The purpose of this exercise is to be able to know each other better. RC had first go last Wednesday. My turn was last night. I had somewhat prepared (by printing out the two emails in which I talked about my past in any great detail). I was terrified to do this. Everyone said last night that I did really well, but my face felt like it was on fire the whole time. I don't regret anything that has happened in my life, because that is just a waste of time. Instead, I have tried to learn from all of the good and the bad that has occurred. If any one of the things that has happened in my life did not occur I would not be the person I am today. Granted I am no example of how to live a perfect life, I have just been pondering change and how it is applicable in every one's lives. One of the things that struck me as a youth (a senior in high school to be exact), I had just been voted most unique in my class. When I came home to tell my family, my second oldest sister said "Yeah, you're unique, just like everyone else on this earth." All of us are unique. All of us have travelled different roads and are in different places in our personal journeys. But the best thing about this journey of mine is that I am not alone.

1 Comments:

At 8:11 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Debra,
I love you. I am so glad to have you as part of my life. I am also HONORED to be your "rock." Even if I am that by default!
Thanks for being you.
A

 

Post a Comment

<< Home