Wednesday, December 08, 2004

I quit

The days of a stay-at-home mom/housewife's life are not always filled with happy smiles whilst one changes poopy diapers. Nor does she particularly enjoy having to clean up every mess, make every meal, and generally cause happiness to shower forth upon the occupants of her abode. In fact, I am certain that sometimes she would personally like to bash in certain young people's heads. I do believe that trying to wean a child from the bottle to solid foods could be the most unsavory job ever created. Why can the child not drink from a bottle their entire life? Why do they have to be eating solids by one year of age? Oh, the questions of a stressed-to-breaking-point mind can ponder. If I put him in his crib until he stops crying will he actually stop crying? If I ignore him until his father gets home will he have just cried himself to sleep, or were those coughs I heard a little while ago him choking into unconsciousness? At least the crying has stopped. And I only occassionally hear littles sobs break forth. The desire to simply get dressed and leave the house is almost more than overwhelming. Why is it that every time I attempt to feed him real food, he acts like I am stuffing arsenic down his throat? It is only applesauce! Why is it every time I try to feed him real food I just want to bash my head into a wall until there is nothing but a bloody pulp? I honestly think there is no such thing as a truly happy stay-at-home mom/housewife. It simply isn't possible for one to remain happy through an onslaught a ceaseless crying, food throwing, and general chaos. Why is it I want to punch out windows? Kick the dog? I just want to quit.

3 Comments:

At 11:13 PM, Blogger mistic_mommy said...

I really thought I already posted a comment here like way earlier, but I guess not...

you are not alone... I feel like quiting all the time... but soon enough i remember that it won't be long until they are in school and then leaving for college... then I will want to quit for different reasons... yeah... maybe we can quit and do something else together....

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger Ruby Anne said...

i'm sorry debra :( i have no kids. i don't know about all of this. i couldn't handle kids and i know it. your mom did it for you. mine did it for me. mom's don't get enough respect.

 
At 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As you have heard your Dad say plenty of times, "Nothing in life is easy", well, sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't. But kids do grow up and leave home. (Sometimes they even move to Mississippi!!) The thing is, don't bother stressing over little things like this. So what if he doesn't feed himself and drink from a cup by one year! He's a healthy, happy (Ususally) baby so just flow with it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home