Friday, May 05, 2006

Six years ago today...

Today six years ago, I met my husband for the first time in person. We had already ben talking for some time through various instant messenger programs. But today, Cinco de Mayo of two thousand, was the day I met him face to face. I can still recall my first thoughts being something like "Wow, he is wearing the shirt from the photo he emailed me." And then instantly "Man, could he have glasses that were any bigger?" I was with my friend Ashley (whom RC had actually asked out, but she was too afraid to go out with someone who she had never met so she begged me to come to protect her from worse than death), we were headed to see a very non-first date movie, U-571. I tried as hard as I could to flirt as much as I could with this man whom I knew little about other than the fact that he claimed to give four hundred dollar massages (well, duh, I wanted a massage). After the movie we went to Ci Ci's and I ate two slices of pizza (I am just not good at buffets). RC went back to refill his plate about six times. It was a night that I will hopefully remember forever, mainly because of how absolutely pure and innocent it was.

In keeping with tradition, RC and I still communicate mostly either through IM's or e-mail. Here is the email that was sent back and forth today:
__________
HAPPY ANIMAVERSIRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RC
__________
Thank you! Happy Meet-aversary to you too! I love you! I am so glad you didn’t turn out to be a psycho that likes to gut 18 year olds and dance on their mangled bodies to the tune of “Heeeeeeeyyyyyyy Macarena! Aahh –ah!” I will see you tonight.
Deba

I know. We are disgusting in our sweetness, aren't we?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home