Thursday, June 01, 2006

Death

Yesterday, there was a bird flopping around in the yard. I thought it was just learning to fly, so I brought the little X-man over to investigate. No, it wasn't trying to fly, it was merely thrashing about in the throes of death. So,we backed off until it stopped (removing it from the unwanted attentions of The Muttly first, of course, with gloves on). Then I gave it a decent burial in the trash. Never have Wal-Mart bags felt so revered as when they were wrapped around the little dead starling from our back yard. Then today on Mr. Roger's what did they talk about? Dying! I thought that was rather humorous with the fact that we did something yesterday, with me trying to explain to him about dying, and today we went through it all again. And do you know what kicked off the whole discussion on it? Mr. McFeely found a dead bird! Isn't that ironic? It's like I am living out the re-runs of Mr. Roger's before they happen.

2 Comments:

At 9:35 AM, Blogger mistic_mommy said...

before you give birth I want you to take a pic of your VERY pregnant belly and post it (or email it to me) because I want to see the very pregnant debra. ok?!?!

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Ruby Anne said...

i agree with lisa! I am going to yazoo for a few days and won't be online. call me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home