Thursday, December 16, 2004

People, Rides and Deer

Today I met a very interesting young lady. She just happens to be my next door neighbor's (M)daughter (D). So, D came over about three times today to borrow the phone because her mom always comes over to borrow the phone because they don't have one at that house. D does not live with her mom, and today was the first time I have even seen her there. The interesting thing about her is that straight from the start she was completely (and blatantly) truthful. She seemed to have a lot of troubles but is one who puts on a smile in the morning in spite of them (reminding me very much of myself, even though I don't have alot of problems, just a few). She was trying to get ahold of her boyfriend to get a ride back to her house in Flora. After four unsuccessful phone calls I pipe up, "Where in Flora do you live?" knowing even if she does tell me I will still have little to no idea where it actually is. "Near Kearney Park." OOOOOOhhh, I do know where that is. "I can give you a ride." "Are you for real? You would do that for me?" Like I just saved the planet from being blown up by alien invaders. "Yeah, no problem." The phrase I use the most when talking to her and her mom, as in "No problem, I don't mind you using my phone for the tenth time this week." And no, I really don't mind lending it to them with one flat rate for all of my long distance calls I don't have to worry about extra fees for blah blah blah... as the spiel goes. So any how, on the ride over there she pretty much tells me her life story of how she lived in a bunch of different places and even though she hates MS she keeps coming back. How she was a great student (debate was her favorite class) and even valedictorian, and had all of these scholarship offers and wanted to take "time off" after graduation before going to college. How everyone in her life told her she would never be able to do what she wants to do, so she ran from them and in doing so hasn't yet attended college. How now she is trying to figure out how to get into college but doesn't have the fundage. About how she and her boyfriend got into a big argument last week and that was why she was at her mom's since last Sunday. About how they do miscellanious substances, but they try to do it in moderation (as in: after they get smashed on whatever substance is their preference of the night, they try not to drive). When she told me how old she and her boyfriend are I told her that was how old RC and I were when we got married. She also told me about some dirty Flora cops offering to drop charges against her and her boyfriend for having paraphernalia if they just told them who was doing what in the mobile community they used to live in (they didn't, they just took they tickets and paid them). So, all in all, I think she seems like a very interesting person and I am going to try to get to know her better by offering fudge as a bribe. He-he-he! I am so evil. The truck did not fall into pieces either! It kept doing what it has been doing, only worse. But it will run although by using it I did only make the problem worse. But at least I didn't have any suicidal deer try to attack me. Wreckless creatures! They don't give a single thought to these poor unsuspecting vehicles on the roads!
Oh yes, and for those of you wondering, squishy's stuff has ceased. We gave him some Benadryl and it helped him to nap and to get rid of the stuff.

1 Comments:

At 2:23 AM, Blogger Ruby Anne said...

EVIL DEER!!!!!!!!! oh.. and my grandfather is mayor of flora.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home